Custom flags are a great way to get the message out about your organization, or just to decorate your home, school, or business, with your personalized logo or seal. But when you’re planning to create a custom flag, there are a large number of considerations to take into account – focusing on the graphics included on your custom flags and how to make sure they present the image you want to convey. Learn more about the custom flags available.
Questions to answer:
What Are the Best Types of Images to Use?
While we’ve offered some requirements for the artwork that is used to create the images on your custom flag, there are several other factors that need to be taken into account.
- You’ll need to determine exactly what you want to display on your flag, such as a logo, a seal, a coat of arms, some text, or a photo.
- Since most custom flags will be viewed from a distance, smaller details will be harder to see.
- Photos or detailed graphics may not be the best choice.
- A Stars & Stripes Flag Corporation recommends using clean and crisp logos and/or text.
If you do need to print a photo on your custom flag, it will print more clearly when using higher resolution printing processes. Our dye sublimation process prints at a higher resolution than other digital processes, but images printed using this process can only be printed on one side of the fabric. This process is best for flags or banners which will be displayed with only one side visible.
How Will the Flag Be Displayed?
You’ll want to keep different considerations in mind for custom flags which will be flown from a flagpole than for a flag that will be hung from a wall or displayed in a different fashion.
- Flagpole flags are often 20 to 30 feet above the ground, so images used on those flags will need to be clearly visible from a distance.
- On the other hand, a flag or banner that is displayed on a wall should be made with vector or high-resolution images, ensuring that the images is printed clearly and looks appealing when viewed at close distances.
You’ll also want to consider the orientation of the flag. Flags flown from a flagpole will be displayed horizontally, while flags hung on a wall may be either vertical or horizontal. Be sure to choose images that fit the space and orientation.
What Size Will the Flag Be?
Depending on how the custom flag is used, its size can vary from as small as 2 feet by 3 feet to as large as 6 feet by 10 feet.
- You’ll want to select an image that fits your flag’s size and get your message across. It’s best to have as little background showing as possible; filling up as much of the flag’s space as possible with your image will ensure that it is eye-catching and appealing.
We’re Here to Help
Determining your best choice from all of the options available may be tricky, but we’re here to help! If you have any questions for us about how we can help you create the best custom flags for your organization, please contact us or request a quote. We look forward to speaking with you! Give us a call today at 1-800-757-0600.