A Stars & Stripes Flag Corporation’s Top Ten Frequently Asked Questions about Custom Flags
Have you ever thought about making a custom flag to fly on your flagpole at your business or home? Not sure how to get started on your custom flag project?
Below are the Top Ten Frequently Asked Questions about making a custom flag:
1. What size can I make my custom flag?
Custom flagpole flags can be made in sizes ranging from 12”x18” to 10’x15’.
2. How do I know the size I need?
If you are making your custom flag for flying on a flagpole that is in the ground, you need to find out the height of the pole. There are recommendations for the size flag that should be flown on a flagpole. You never want your custom flag to be larger than the US flag that is flown on the same pole or on a flagpole near the one with your custom flag.
- A flagpole attached to a house or building usually fly a 3’x5′ flag but the size can vary depending on your needs.
- An indoor or parade flagpole usually fly a 3’x5′ flag.
3. How many colors can be printed on my flag?
Most flags are made using our digital printing process so the number of colors and complexity of your design does not impact the price of the flag. We can print almost any design.
4. Can you print a flag with my favorite sports team or company logo?
Unfortunately, we cannot print copyright protected logos or images without written permission from the copyright holder.
5. What does single reverse and double-sided mean?
A single reverse flag is made by printing your image on the front of the flag with full penetration of the ink that allows the design to be seen in reverse on the other side of the flag. Most flags, including state and international flags are made single reverse.
A double sided flag is made by printing two flags, sewing them together with a liner in between, ensuring that no images or text is displayed in reverse.
6. How should I finish my flag (what does that even mean)?
Finishing on a custom flag refers to the way we will sew the flag so you can use it the way you want. For example:
- If you are flying your flag on a traditional outdoor flagpole, we will finish the flag with a canvas heading and two brass grommets on the left side of the flag to attach to the pole.
- If you are using it on a parade or indoor flagpole, we will finish it with a pole sleeve to slide over the pole. We can also add grommets to the top or bottom as needed.
7. What kind of artwork or design do I need to send you?
In order to print a clear image at full size on your flag, we need a vector file (file that is made up of lines rather than pixels) or a file that is 100 dpi at full print size.
8. What if I don’t have the type of artwork you require?
We have a graphic artist who can recreate your image into a vector file. The price for converting your file will depend on the amount of time required to do so. You will receive a proof to approved prior to production of the flag and you will get the file for use in future projects.
9. We have specific colors in our design, can you match them?
We will match solid coated Pantone colors when we print our digital flags.
10. How long does it take to make my custom flags?
Standard production is 7-10 business days for our digital custom flags. If you are in a hurry, we can rush your order in 1-3 business days for an additional fee.
I hope we have answered most of your custom flag questions. You can download our ebook to find out more about how to order a custom flag. If you are ready to get a quote on your project, you can complete this form or call us Monday – Friday 9am-5pm CST and we will get right back to you!
Let Us Answer Your Questions